I just came from watching Iron Man 2 in the theater today so forgive me if I seem like a squeal-y little fan girl. I swear to the geek gods, Iron Man is SOOO COOL! (and Robert Downey, Jr. is SO HOT!) Among all the movie adaptations of Marvel, Iron Man is probably the best for me, this coming from a geek who know absolutely nothing about Iron Man, sad to say. Hardcore Iron Man fanatics might have other opinions, though.
Before you continue reading on, let me remind you that this post contains a few spoilers (SPOILER ALERT!). Just warning you, because I don’t want to be the one spoiling your Iron Man 2 fun. You were warned!
1. Opening scene, when he jumps down from the plane. I got goose bumps when he landed on his knee in the middle of the stage. Same feeling I got when I saw the scene in Iron Man 1 when he first saved that middle-eastern country, city, town (or whatever, forgot the name of the place!).
2. Iron Man suitcase / Iron Man mobile suit. OMG, I want one of THESE! Self explanatory.
3. When he squishes holograms and plays with them, hehe. I know, my description sounds a little bit dirty doesn’t it, haha. But if you watched both Iron Man movies, you know what I mean. To be able to interact with computers (I want my own JARVIS! I want one!) and data that way is just waaaay geek-gasmic. I hope to the geek gods I’d still be able to experience that technology in the near future.
4. Fight scene with Iron Man’s laser death move. Lasers and two Iron Man suits beating up Iron Man drones. If that isn’t cool, I don’t know what is. I just didn’t like how they beat the villain. They could have done a better fight ending than that. It reminded me of Care Bears, for some unknown reason.
5. Thor teaser at the end of the movie credits. Again, self explanatory! I can’t wait for the new Thor movie. I sure hope it’s going to be as good as Iron Man!
I had a serious case of Iron Man 2 hang over, that I had to watch Iron Man 1 on DVD when I got home, hehe! Aaaaaah! Iron Man 2 rocks! And again, Robert Downey, Jr. is HOT, hehe! Ok, for the geek boys, you will have your fair share of eye candy with Scarlet Johansson as the Black Widow.
Did you like the Iron Man 2 movie as much as I obviously did? And what were your favorite scenes?