By now, we ALL know what Pokémon GO is all about. In less than a month, it has shot to the top of all sorts of charts. We’ve brought you the lowdown on the insane numbers associated with this phenomenon. Here are our completely mental metrics about this “Nintendo” game.
- In the first 13 hours of launch it was the #1highest grossing app in the US.
- Before the end of the day, the game was the #1Most Downloaded game in history,on both major app marketsglobally- App Store and Google Play.
- Day Two had more Pokémon players than Tinder users
- 3 days later, Nintendo’s market value hit almost $40 billion
- On an average, the game is downloaded 81 times a second across both app stores
- In a week, by July 13, it was installed on almost 11% of all Android phones, and 6% of iPhones worldwide
- Here’s one way to put a perspective on this games popularity – at 21 million, it has more active users than Candy Crush Saga, and we all know how that game took over our phones and our lives!
- 1.3 million is the number of people playing Pokémon in the Netherlands. The game had not even been released there! That’s also the same number as the downloads in Japan within 3 hours of launch.
- $10 million – that’s the revenue from the App Store and Play store. Every day.
- The social media frenzy surrounding this juggernaut has resulted in almost 650 million interactions on Facebook alone.
- How long is the game used every day? 43.5 minutes, which is more than Tinder, Snapchat and Facebook Messenger. And believe it or not, WhatsApp.
- Just 20 days after launch the game had already been downloaded 75 million times
- There are Pokémon Go Players in more 30 countries where the game has not been launched yet.
- There are a couple of surprising numbers from the data on players. More women use the app then men (63:37)! While the bulk of the players are aged 18-29, surprisingly 25% are in the 30-50-year bracket, indicating the extent of this game’s reach.
- The game on an average chews down on 10mb of data and can suck up more than 20% of your battery capacity
Despite the crazy numbers (or maybe because of them) we’re completely addicted to Pokémon GO. We’re obsessed with going to Pokéstops and Gyms and wildly hopeful about catching as many Pokémon as possible
Oh well, at least we’re out of the house and getting some exercise while playing and socializing with our friends. Before we head out though, we’d like to share one last number with you that is pretty mind blowing – the amount of money that this mega-hit game is estimated to make for Apple in the next couple of years.
3 Billion dollars!