Ever since the game upgraded to Patch 3.3.3, I have been having problems logging on. Apparently, there has been a loading screen bug that hangs the game when you log in, every so often. But I think it is fixed now, after the maintenance last night (or morning).
But before I found out that there was a loading screen bug, I thought my add ons were the culprit for the slow loading time. Currently, I have the following add ons installed:
- Atlasloot Enhanced
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Mik Scrolling Battle Text
- Omen Threat Meter
- Rating Buster
- Titan Panel
- X-Perl Unit Frames
I was so annoyed the other day that I actually considered just uninstalling all my add ons, or maybe at least trim it down to let’s say, 5 add ons max. You wouldn’t believe how long it took me to decide which 5 add ons to keep!
The following would be my Top 5 Add ons for WoW:
- Deadly Boss Mods – definitely a must if you are a serious and hard core raider. Deadly Boss Mods has come a long way since it also has warnings for 5 man dungeons now.
- Decursive – if you are healer, or a class with a decursing ability (like mages), this is also a mandatory add on to have. From the name itself, it will make decursing a piece of cake.
- Titan Panel – being the obsessive person that I am, Titan Panel helps me see all the information about my characters in a glance, from my money to the durability of my armor.
- Omen Threat Meter – While this is a useless add on for a healer class, it is definitely a must for tanks and dps classes.
- X-Perl Unit Frames – I definitely think it is a must to have a unit frame add on (especially for healers), and my choice would be X-Perl Unit Frames. I guess I like how it was designed since it makes it easier for me to see which people are getting damaged and those who are needing heals. There are however better unit frame add ons out there, like PitBull and Grid.
If WoW had an add on limit, what 5 add ons would you install?